Classic Eyelash Extensions Starter Course
Our Classic Eyelash Extensions Starter course teaches you quality basic knowledge and skills you can build on at a later date.
Learn the fundamentals to safely and hygienically apply eyelash extensions to a competent standard and get started in the lash industry.
NEW WEEKEND DATE ADDED 10-11 JULY 2021 IN SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!
2 Days in Academy 9.15am to 2.15pm
EBI Certificate and National Accreditation
10 x fortnights $99.50
$895 (SAVE $100)
WANT TO USE YOUR POINTS FROM THIS BOOKING TOWARDS A KIT?
- Book and pay course with Option 1 and earn instant Loyalty Points more info
- Create a new order to purchase the kit of your choice
- Redeem points in My Points and create coupon
- Pay with points earned – apply points coupon and pay any difference – easy!
*IMPORTANT: You must register and be signed in as a customer before you checkout to earn loyalty points.
At EBI, we understand that not everyone has the time or finances to invest in a complete Classic Eyelash Extension course to get started in the industry. The focus of our Classic Eyelash Extensions Starter course is quality basic knowledge and skills that you can build on at a later date.
In this two day Starter course:
- You will learn the fundamentals to safely and hygienically apply eyelash extensions to a competent standard and practice performing the treatment on ONE model.
- The skills and knowledge provided in this course will give you the ability to achieve national accreditation by successfully completing assessments afterwards.
- All the tools and equipment you need during training are provided by us in the Academy
- You will NOT learn how to mix curls, add texture and density for thicker lash sets or detailed lash mapping. These additional skills are offered in our Classic Eyelash Extensions Mastery course.
- No kit is included and you will need to purchase supplies separately to perform any treatments after your training.
This Classic Eyelash Extensions Starter course is available for delivery at our Academy only and runs from 9.15am to 2.15pm on both days.
We work through everything step by step so you never feel overwhelmed. First we take you through theory, then our trainer demonstration is next, followed by student practice and a model, guiding you through a natural learning curve.
By the end of this course you will have:
- The fundamental knowledge and techniques you need to safely and hygienically perform Classic Eyelash Extensions (1:1) to a competent standard.
This Classic Eyelash Extensions Starter course includes flexible case studies and assessment activities. You start after your coursework is finished and study at your own pace in your salon environment.
Our trainers give you support, assessment and feedback as you work through your post course study to help you achieve certification.
Classic Eyelash Extensions is the application of a single eyelash extension to each eyelash, or natural lash with a semi-permanent adhesive to achieve a naturally enhanced look.
Classic Eyelash Extensions are an extremely popular treatment and the demand for this treatment continues to grow. 80-100 eyelash extensions are usually used for a full set in Classic Eyelash Extensions application. The natural hair cycle means that no matter how well the eyelash extensions are bonded, some of the eyelashes will be lost due to natural lash fall. This is why infills and maintenance are needed, giving you repeat business!
- Beginners and people with previous training or experience looking to achieve national accreditation.
- Those who don’t have time or the budget to complete our full Classic Eyelash Extensions Mastery course.
What you will learn
Our Classic Eyelash Extensions Course is delivered by Certified Trainers & Assessors. It includes:
- Trainer demonstration
- Student manual practice on mannequin head
- Student application of practical skills on ONE live model
- Case studies and assessment activities to achieve certification after coursework has been completed
Your course covers:
Beauty Business Foundations
- Insurance & Legal
- Work Health & Safety
- Health & Hygiene Regulations & Requirements
- Personal Hygiene & Presentation – – presenting your best self for your business
Anatomy, Physiology & Consultation
- Skin, Hair and Eye Anatomy Theory
- Contraindications and contra actions – when you should and shouldn’t lash and what can happen
- Consultation and Patch Testing – why you should do it even if you don’t HAVE to
Lash Fundamentals – the first steps in developing your artistry
- Understanding the different types of Eyelash Extensions
- Eyelash Extension Curls, Lengths and Thicknesses
- Eye Shapes and Styles – recognising eye shapes and choosing styles and extensions to best suit your client
- Safe extension lengths and thicknesses
- Lash types, quality and manufacturing
- Tools of the Trade – what you need and when and how to use them
- Adhesive Foundations 101 – understand how eyelash extension adhesives work and safely use them to consistently get the best performance for your clients
- Humidity and its effect on Eyelash Extension Application – why you need to monitor your humidity and how to work with it
- Work Area Preparation
Lashing Procedure – learning how to safely and hygienically select and apply eyelash extensions
- Cleaning the natural lashes
- Safe application of eyepads and tape
- Measuring the natural lash and applying extensions
- Rinsing lashes after extension application
Practical skills breakdown
- Dispensing and setting up extension strips and adhesive
- Picking up lash extensions
- Adhesive pickup
- How to isolate different hair growth stages
- Extension placement and attachment options
- Bonding area of an extension
- Identifying and dealing with stickies
Removals and Infills
- Overview – when to infill and how
- Cleaning lashes and applying eyepads
- Checking lash set for extensions to be removed
- Infilling lash extensions
- Banana peel method
- Isolated removal method
- Full removal method
- Melody Liu Fast Removal method using cream adhesive remover
Aftercare and product upsells
Student Information Handbook, Study Guide and Workbook
Comprehensive Training Manual
- Check in and follow up with our Student Liaison to help guide your student journey
- Membership of ‘The Enchanted World’, our private online support group exclusively for Enchanted students with access to Trainers and Industry experts
Assessment & Certification
- Certificate of Attendance & Competency for Classic Eyelash Extensions Starter Course from Enchanted Beauty Institute on successful completion of competency measures at the end of your training in Academy.
- Post course Assessment program including Case Study review, feedback and support and Knowledge Assessment
- Statement of Attainment for SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions from Trainwest on successful completion of required assessments and provided all course fees have been paid.
ADDITIONAL COURSE INCLUSIONS – ACADEMY ONLY
Classic Eyelash Extensions Starter Course
- TWO days face to face training 9.15am to 2.15pm
- All products, consumables, tools & equipment required for use during face to face training is supplied
Qualifications and Certification
You can earn the nationally accredited unit of competency SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions as part of this course. We deliver accredited units on behalf of our partnering Registered Training Provider, Trainwest (RTO 51807).
This means you can enroll in and earn a Statement of Attainment for SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions with Trainwest (at no extra cost). You are eligible when you successfully complete the required case studies and assessments, as long as all course fees have been paid.
The end result is you can earn two qualifications, a certificate from Enchanted Beauty Institute and national accreditation from Trainwest.
Case Study Load/Assessment Requirements
Case Studies = 6, plus 1 knowledge assessment
Recommended Duration = 6 weeks
Recommended Time = 3-4 hours per week
Time limit to complete all case studies and assessment requirements: up to 12 months
Note: additional fees may apply for case studies submitted after 12 months. See Student Information Handbook for more information.
Case Study & Assessment Details – Classic Eyelash Extensions Starter Course
Apply eyelash extensions for each of the following client treatment requirements:
- Two full-set Classic applications, each set consisting of a minimum of sixty eyelash extensions per eye
- Two in-fill services
- Two removal services
Design and provide treatment routines that demonstrate correct:
- patch testing
- selection and application of eyelash extensions type:
- natural lash health maintenance
- eyelash extension application to suit client eye shape and facial features
Develop and update treatment plans and records for each eyelash extension treatment specifying for each client:
- patch test reactions
- previous treatments
Demonstrate knowledge required to perform Classic Eyelash Extension treatments that are safe, competent and comply with legal, health and hygiene regulations and requirements.
|PRICE:||$895.00 (save $100) or 10 x fortnightly payments via payment plan|
|Entry requirements:||NIL. Designed for beginners. Also suitable for re-training. Minimum age 15 years (no maximum age!)|
If you have any questions about our Classic Eyelash Extensions Starter course or the enrolment process, give us a call on 1300 113 996 during business hours (AWST) or send us a message online anytime!
Did you know?
We used to be called Enchanted SPA and have been proudly providing lash and brow training courses in Perth and across Australia since 2015.