Working in a Beauty Salon Course
Learn to provide a complete customer service experience working in a beauty salon, creating a safe, inviting and hygienic environment and minimising the risk of infection.
We teach you the key skills to identify and address customer needs, communicate with clients face-to-face or by telephone, schedule appointments, attend and respond to client complaints, and assist clients with special needs.
Gain two government recognised qualifications and 30 hours of beauty salon work experience in our Student Beauty Lounge! We provide the clients, products, equipment and salon space, you just bring yourself and your treatment skills!
30 hours in Academy at Enchanted Student Beauty Lounge Clinics on Thursdays. Flexible sessions available.
6 Hour credit for EBI training undertaken within the last 3 months
EBI Certificate and National Accreditation
10 x fortnights $89.50
Are you ready to create your own salon, or take your existing salon up to the next level? Learn everything you need to know about professionally and safely working in a beauty salon in our Enchanted Student Beauty Lounge at our Academy!
Learn to provide a complete customer service experience working in a beauty salon, creating a safe and hygienic environment and minimising the risk of infection.
In our Working in a Beauty Salon course:
- We teach you the key skills to identify and address customer needs, communicate with clients face-to-face or by telephone, schedule appointments, attend and respond to client complaints, and assist clients with special needs.
- The skills and knowledge provided in this course will give you the ability to achieve national accreditation by successfully completing assessments afterwards.
- All the tools and equipment you need during training is provided by us in the Academy
- You will learn every step to running a safe and professional salon that meets and exceeds government standards and regulations for work, health, hygiene and safety in personal appearance service businesses.
Learn everything you need to know about working in a beauty salon in our Student Clinic at the Academy! We bring you the clients and you get to use our salon, tools, products and equipment.
Enchanted Student Beauty Lounge Clinics run every Thursday from 9am to 8pm. To meet your hours requirements, sessions can be booked on a mix of the following:
- 30 hours requirement (no credit transfer): 4 x 9am to 4pm sessions plus 1 x 5pm to 8pm session
- 24 hours requirement (with credit transfer): 3 x 9am to 4pm sessions plus 1 x 5pm to 8pm session
- OR a long day/combination of day/evening sessions to meet the hours
Clinic dates are booked on a first come, first served basis and beds are limited to a maximum of 6 per session.
When we have received your payment, we will call you to make an appointment for an onboarding session with our Student Liaison. During this session she will check availability for clinic bed space, pre-plan your student clinic sessions in advance based on your preferred available dates and create client appointment availability for you for the treatments you are trained to provide.
After this appointment we will provide you with a clinic contract confirming your session times and dates, the treatments we will schedule you to provide, and what to bring and wear, so you have a training plan for your study.
This course is an excellent foundation for working in, owning or managing a salon, especially if you are just starting out or have no previous formal beauty qualifications.
Our Working in a Beauty Salon course is delivered in Academy only. An online option is not available.
By the end of this course you will have:
- All the fundamental knowledge and skills you need to professionally and safely work in, manage or start a beauty salon.
- Our Working in a Beauty Salon course is perfect for you if:
- You want to work in a beauty salon and need to gain real life working experience.
- You want to round out your knowledge to learn how to confidently deal with all aspects of client service and salon hygiene and safety.
- Your own home or commercial salon isn’t set up yet and you want to complete your case studies or refine your skills while gaining two additional qualifications
- Previous training you did completely missed any hygiene, Worksafe or infection control measures and you want to make sure you’ve got it covered in these COVID times.
Students wishing to enroll in this course must either:
- Be currently studying or have successfully completed skills-based training courses with Enchanted Beauty Institute for at least one of the services performed in the student clinic as part of this course.
- Where a nationally accredited unit of competency exists for a service, you must hold that qualification if you plan to provide that service in the student salon e.g. SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions for Classic Eyelash Extensions services and SHBBFAS001 Provide Lash and Brow services for Brow services.
- Where you hold a non-accredited certificate for a service and national accreditation exists for that service, you must complete Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for the unit of competency relating to the services you will be providing in the student salon. Additional fees will apply for RPL to cover assessment and Statement of Attainment issue on successful completion.
For example, if you have trained elsewhere in Classic lashes but don’t hold the nationally recognised unit of competency SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions, you will be required to complete RPL for that unit in conjunction with your study for this course, Maintain a Professional Beauty Workplace.
- Students must be able to perform at least one of the following treatment services in the student salon:
- Classic Eyelash Extensions
- Russian Volume Eyelash extensions
- Brow wax and lash and brow tint
- Lash Lift
If you have any questions about your eligibility to enroll in this course, you can call us for a chat during business hours on 1300 113 996 before you book.
What you will learn
Our Working in a Beauty Salon Course is delivered by Certified Trainers & Assessors and covers:
- Service & Salon Image
- Personal Hygiene & Presentation
- How to schedule appointments, make bookings and fill gaps in your diary
- Managing risks for yourself and your client
- Infection Control
- Reception duties
- Client Consultation & records
- Client communication
- Complaints & Customer Handling
- Salon standards and housekeeping
- How to keep track of takings, manage floats and keep records of your daily earnings
- Salon setup and checklists
- Chemical classifications & Hazards
- Cleaning, Disinfection & Sterilisation process
- Skin Penetration
- Anti discrimination
- Consumer Protection Guarantees
- Accidents & damages
- Fire & Emergency situations
- Hand washing/sanitation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe Work Environment
Salon work experience in Enchanted Student Beauty Lounge
- 30 hours in our student salon clinic providing any professional lash or brow treatment you are qualified to provide (qualification can be with us or other trainers). You can also use the treatments for your case studies if you have done training with us and have case studies to do.
- We offer flexible options over 3 to 5 pre-booked sessions for you to provide door to door service and treatments to clients that we bring in, using our products and equipment and practicing your skills and knowledge at reception, appointment scheduling, cleaning and work preparation in a real life salon environment.
- If you need access to a computer or printer equipment, you can book Tech Time free of charge at the Academy subject to availability.
BONUS: If you have completed a skills-based training course with us within the last 3 months of starting student clinic, you will receive a 6-hour credit transfer, getting you qualified that much faster!
All products, consumables, tools & equipment required for use during face to face training is supplied
Comprehensive Learner Guide
- Check in and follow up with our Student Liaison to help guide your student journey
- Membership of ‘The Enchanted World’, our private online support group exclusively for Enchanted students with access to Trainers and Industry experts.
Assessment & Certification
- Certificate of Attendance & Competency for Working in a Beauty Salon from Enchanted Beauty Institute at the end of salon training days and coursework.
- Statement of Attainment for SHBXCCS002 Provide Salon Services to Clients and SHBXWHS001 Apply Safe Hygiene, Health and Work Practices from Trainwest on successful completion of required assessments and provided all course fees have been paid.
Qualifications and Certification
You can earn the Units of Competency SHBXCCS002 Provide Salon Services to Clients and SHBXWHS002 Apply Safe Hygiene, Health & Work Practices; which are nationally accredited and recognised in Australia, as part of this course.
We deliver accredited courses on behalf of our partnering Registered Training Provider, Trainwest (RTO 51807).
You are eligible to enroll in and earn a Statement of Attainment for SHBXCCS002 Provide Salon Services to Clients and SHBXWHS002 Apply Safe Hygiene, Health & Work Practices with Trainwest (at no extra cost).
You are eligible when you successfully complete the required case studies and assessments, as long as all course fees have been paid.
The end result is you can earn two qualifications, a certificate from Enchanted Beauty Institute and national accreditation from Trainwest.
Case Study Load/ Assessment Requirements
- Knowledge & Performance Activities = 5. May be completed at home or in class if time permits.
- Skills Observations = 8 completed in class
- Time limit to complete all case studies and assessment requirements: up to 12 months
Note: additional fees may apply for case studies submitted after 12 months. See Student Information Handbook for more information.
Case Study & Assessment Details – Working in a Beauty Salon
Assessment Requirements for SHBXCCS002 Provide Salon Services: https://training.gov.au/TrainingComponentFiles/SHB/SHBXCCS002_AssessmentRequirements_R1.pdf
Assessment Requirements for SHBXWHS001 Apply Safe Hygiene, Health and Work Practices: https://training.gov.au/TrainingComponentFiles/SHB/SHBXWHS001_AssessmentRequirements_R1.pdf
|PRICE:||$895 in Academy or 10 x fortnightly payments via payment plan|
|PAY IN FULL BONUS:||
Receive FREE enrolment in a EBI Next Level Series Workshop of your choice valued at $145.
Pay the full course cost via EFT, Credit Card, Afterpay, Payright, Zip, Cash or Bank Transfer to be eligible.
|Entry requirements:||Designed for beginners. Also suitable for re-training and upskilling. Minimum age 15 years (no maximum!). NOTE: Additional prerequisites apply – please see Course Overview tab for full details.|
If you have any questions about our Working in a Beauty Salon course or the enrolment process, give us a call on 1300 113 996 during business hours (AWST) or send us a message online anytime!
Did you know?
We used to be called Enchanted SPA and have been proudly providing lash and brow salon and business training courses in Perth and across Australia since 2015.