Do you wish there was a ‘go to’ checklist on how to find the right trainer when you want to book a beauty training course?
Sometimes you sign up for a course (especially online training courses) and that’s it! You’re left by yourself, no chance to ask questions or get feedback on your work. As an advocate for quality training, people often reach out to me and tell me their horror stories. Too often I hear about out of date or inadequate training delivered by inexperienced trainers. Uncaring trainers who are in it for a quick buck and provide zero support. It can be a costly nightmare, wasting your time and money. And it makes me really angry. That’s why I developed my Ultimate Checklist on how to find the right trainer. 16 questions to give you the best chance of finding your match, whoever that may be! If you use it correctly, you have every chance of finding the trainer of your dreams.
I believe training is a journey you shouldn’t take alone. You can learn so much more if someone is there with you, guiding you every step of the way. But how do you know how to find the right trainer for you? There are some amazing trainers in the beauty industry. My Ultimate Checklist is a great tool to help you sort through and assess the hundreds that are out there!
So here it is!
Best of Luck,
Kelly Harris xx
MY ULTIMATE CHECKLIST TO FIND THE RIGHT TRAINER
Because everyone deserves a happy ending!
THE BASIC ULTIMATE CHECKLIST QUESTIONS:
1. Are they up to date with current and evolving trends and practices and have proven industry experience?
2. Is the trainer passionate and dedicated to delivering training and providing opportunities for career change? (You don’t want someone who’s only training because they think there’s a quick buck in it)
3. Is the trainer active in the beauty industry so you are taught the most up to date methods and procedures?
4. Do they teach AND perform the services? (You want someone experiencing and aware of all the changes that are happening in the industry).
5. Do they offer full support during AND AFTER the program to help as you implement what you learn from your program?
These are the absolute minimum criteria. NEVER accept anything less.
ULTIMATE CHECKLIST QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF:
6. Is this someone I actually like and can talk to?
Training is a very personal journey, especially if you are starting or changing career. There’s nothing worse than feeling like your being judged and found wanting.
7. Do they really ‘get’ me?
It’s so important to be on the same wavelength with whoever is taking you through this change of direction in your life.
8. Are they willing to get to know me as a person before I book?
Not every course is for every person!
9. Can my training be adapted around my personal circumstances? Is it ok if I put my course on hold? Can I decide when I do the studying?
Even home studies should be able to be done around your personal timetable.
If flexibility is important to you, can you literally learn at your own pace? Will you miss anything if you’re not ready?
ULTIMATE CHECKLIST QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR TRAINER:
10. Will you give me daily support?
This one is MASSIVE. What if you need to reach out to someone right here, right now? Will your teachers, trainers, mentors, or support group be there to give you guidance when you need it?
11. Will you give me the opportunity to be part of a community?
It’s important for you to connect with other students doing the same course at the same time, because YOU are going to change, EVERYTHING is going to change. You could end up with lifelong friendships with people going through this transformational journey with you!
12. Can you teach me the why, not just the how?
You need absolute confidence that your trainer truly understands what they are passing on to you. Will they give you explanations to back up their teaching? The foundation of their knowledge must be deep and solid.
13. Who else have you helped? Do you have reviews and testimonials?
Reviews and testimonials from people who have not only finished the training, but been successful in business as a result are key.You need to be confident that the trainer has PERSONALLY proven results with many clients.
The right support can mean the difference between success and failure.
ADVICE AND MENTORING
14. Can they offer you mentoring, not just skills and knowledge?
Someone that can see your potential months before you can see it in yourself will help you push through to the next level. You need someone who can show you who you can be and guide you in how to get there.
15. Will they make you accountable for the money you’ve just invested in yourself?
You want someone who is there to say, ‘hey girl you got this! You’re on track and you’re doing so well, let’s move on to the next bit!’ If you don’t have someone like this, will you be missing a vital part from your training?
16. Can they offer you useful and REAL advice from their own knowledge, history and experiences, not from a book or something they learned at a weekend seminar?
There’s so much more you can learn on a training program with the right person leading you.
Accountability, advice and guidance from a trusted Mentor allows a deeper level of learning, opening the fast track to success.
Want your own FREE PDF Copy?
No signups or catches!
Get your own PDF copy of my Ultimate Checklist, How to Find the Right Trainer to help build your Successful Salon. Use it as a handy reference whenever you are checking out training providers and courses to make sure you choose the right Trainer for you!